Spring out of winter with a Flourish Detox!
Your inherent urge to ‘spring clean’ is intrinsic in what your body may be showing you:
- Fatigue and lethargy
- Difficulty concentrating, poor memory and/or recurrent headaches
- Muscle aching and weakness
- Immune issues like recurrent infections and allergies
- Sensitivity to environmental chemicals, odours
- Depression, anxiety and/or mood swings
- Digestive and bowel disturbances
- Reproductive disorders
- Weight issues, insulin resistance and metabolic syndrome
When embarking on a detox, consider your long term goals……
A simple detox diet may be useful as a short-term kick-start to establishing a long-term maintainable commitment to healthy eating and preventative health.
Your Flourish team is excited to embrace this season’s nutritionally inspired and research backed detox. Bringing your digestion and elimination systems back into balance will enable your body and mind to return to its naturally healthy state.
Our Flourish Modalities to assist your Spring Detox include:-
- Naturopathic 30 minute in depth consultation for experienced Detoxers
- Homeopathic Heel Detox Kit
- Kinesiology to improve your Detox experience
- Massage to eliminate toxins
- Acupuncture to balance your meridians and move stagnant Qi
- Chiropractic to enhance your nervous system
- Yoga to calm your mind
What to expect
If you love caffeine or sugar, you will likely experience a few days of headaches, possible nausea and feeling under par. Drink plenty of fluids. After 24 to 48 hours, you can look forward to increased energy, better sleep, improved bowel function and glowing skin and you may lose excess kilograms.
A worthwhile detox takes anywhere between a 2 to 6 weeks; depending on your state of health and social calendar. Even a simple cleanse from 3 to 10 days can make a profound impact on your sense of wellbeing.
Foods to enjoy:
- A rainbow of:
- fresh vegetables, apart from potatoes; especially avocado, beetroot, celery, green leafy vegetables, garlic, onion, ginger – 4 handfuls of salad, 3 handfuls of vegetables/ day
- fruit – only pears, apples, paw paw and berries – only 1 piece or 1/2 cup daily. Lemons anytime.
- Protein – vary sources, palm sized portion at each meal:
- Chicken, turkey (organic, chemical free).
- Fresh fish.
- Tofu, tempeh.
- Eggs. (organic, chemical free)
- Yoghurt (goats, sheep, coconut; natural, organic, unsweetened)
- Quinoa, amaranth, oats, chia seeds
- Legumes – lentils, chick peas and other beans
- Nuts & seeds (any except peanuts, have raw, unsalted, activated if possible)
- Grains: brown, red or wild rice, millet, polenta, quinoa, amaranth, oats, buckwheat; breads – yeast free, gluten free, sugar free.
- Milks: sheep or goats milk, unsweetened nut, rice or soy milk.
- Oils: extra virgin cold-pressed olive oil, organic coconut oils, flaxseed oils,
- Sauces & dressings: fresh herbs and spices, lemon and lime juice, tamari, tahini, verjuice, garlic, ginger, turmeric, pepper, a little salt- celtic, sea or Himalayan, stevia, olive oil, coconut oil, homemade dressings, dips & spreads.
- Sweeteners: honey or maple syrup – 1 teaspoon daily or a little stevia if essential!
Drinks to enjoy:
- aim for 2-3 litres of fluid a day, between meals
- filtered water (with lemon, cucumber, mint, etc.)
- fresh vegetable juices (with a little fruit for sweetness) – include carrot, celery, green leafy veges – spinach, kale, parsley, beetroot, cucumber, ginger, lemon or apple)
- herbal teas: try our ‘Spring Flourish’ tea – a combination of traditional detoxifying herbs to support cleansing (available at Flourish), or organic detox tea, or roasted dandelion root tea. 3-4 cups/ day.
What to leave out:
- Sugar. Any added sugar – stay under 5 grams per 100 grams
- Black tea, coffee, soft drink/ carbonated beverages, reconstituted fruit juice.
- Anything artificial. Sweeteners, flavours, colouring. Stick to unprocessed foods.
- Grains. Any gluten containing grains: wheat, rye, oats, rice, barley, spelt, cous cous. This means cakes, biscuits, pastries and pasta.
- Dairy- all cow’s milk products – milk, yoghurt, cheese, icecream.
- Meat: beef, lamb, pork and deli meats including bacon and sausages.
- Anything deep-fried. Food should be raw or lightly steamed, stir-fried or dry-baked.
- Cigarettes and recreational drugs.
- enhanced brain function
- stronger immune system
- increased vitality
- improved complexion, skin tone and hair lustre
- anti-ageing from the inside out!
- weight loss
- reduction in symptoms of imbalance
You are invited to complete your Detoxification Questionnaire to enable our Naturopath to determine the most indicated type of detox program for you to enjoy. This may be the:
- Express Detox – 2-week program for the:
- otherwise healthy; but may have overindulged!
- ongoing need to “spring clean” to maintain detox benefits
- introduction to the benefits of detoxing
- consideration of ongoing occupational/ lifestyle toxic exposure. OR
- Integrated Detox – 2-week program for those needing a bit more of a clean out! OR
- Specialised Detox – add 2-4 weeks for Gut, Liver OR Chelation Detox for condition specific or environmental/ occupational toxin exposure cleansing.
Each detox is based on the principle benefits of utilising food as medicine with sample daily diets available from our Naturopath. Your detox benefits may be enhanced with individually prescribed nutritional supplements, herbal medicines and homeopathics.
If you would like to join our Spring Detox in September with our Flourish Community contact us for more information – 9689 9136 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request your Naturopathic Detox Questionnaire and book a 30 minute ‘Detox’ appointment with our Naturopath, Sarah Harris.